Friday, June 25, 2010

Nassau, Bahamas

The cruising phase of this journey is drawing to a close. One last stop before reaching Ft Lauderdale, the Queen of the Bahamas, Nassau. Nassau is the capital, largest city, and commercial center of the Bahamas. I could tell it’s civilized, my Starbucks card worked. We did some early morning sightseeing around the island, met some of the local artist and had my picture taken with the flamingos. We found a local eatery on the water and watched the conch being cleaned and then had conch fritters and conch salad for lunch. This meal is against the law in the US. But After lunch it was out to Paradise Island and Atlantis. This is Las Vegas on steroids. The rich are different, I can’t even begin to tell you how true this is. But the rates to stay at Atlantis are surprising reasonable for a normal room. I didn’t ask about the rate on the suites. After the long walk over here it made sense to take a taxi back to the port.

No comments:

Post a Comment