Friday, May 21, 2010


From San Diego it takes two days to Puerto Vallarta.   Two very leisurely days spend reading on the balcony and watching for the occasional whale.  Actually unwinding from the work day world.  Puerto Vallarta is a city of 200,000 people and considered the nightlife capital of Mexico.  Fortunately our ship was only there for the day,  we’re not really capable of nightlife any more.  All life for us usually stops before midnight.  The ship docked before I stumbled to the balcony and looked to the sparkling blue Bahía de Banderas (Bay of Flags) on my left and then the Sam’s Club on my right.  What did I say about capitalism conquering the world!  It was a good opportunity to stock up on wine and Paxil.  Interestingly Paxil doesn’t require a prescription in Mexico.  I could learn to love this country.  The picture of Cassandra, the seal, and myself was taken in Puerto Vallarta.  Our short time here was taken up with a tour to swim with the seals  and shopping along the beach front.  Ship left at 5:30 for Huatulco, Mexico so it was  back on board for happy hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment