Wednesday, May 19, 2010


It’s so pathetic to comment on Politics and  world affairs.  Family value politco’s having affairs and liberals wallowing in greed.  I feel more comfortable talking about the trip we just finished through the Panama Canal.  No it wasn’t the trip of a  lifetime, but it was interesting in the sights and people we met.  I really don’t know what a trip of a lifetime would be.  I’ve had several things on my loosely defined bucket list for years and like the trip across the North Atlantic by ocean liner, transit of the PanaCanal was another.  The trip was the idea of college friends from the class of 1958.  No, not my class, but my wife and myself serve as honorary members.  Our starting point for the eighteen day cruise was San Diego.  Not being familiar with the geography of San Diego, I let our friends choose the location for the nights lay over.  The Bay Harbor Yacht Club was located so all views covered parts of the San Diego bay.  It was wonderful and the restaurants in the area were numerous and excellent.
Sailing was at four in the afternoon so that left time for the pedal cab driver to take us for a beer in San Diego’s Gas light district.  This is the 0ld historic part of town that has become the night spot for revelers.   After cold beers we headed back to the Holland America Statendam to begin  settling in for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment