Sunday, November 7, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

I’ve seen people sleeping on benches in the airport but I never dreamed I would be one of them. Due to poor listening by people around me and saved by my travel agent our flight out of Fairbanks was at 1:15 in the morning. So after an earlier dinner and a movie, Eat, Pray, Love, it was out to the airport. The movie was interesting, maybe cute. I had just bought the book but after seeing the movie there’s no need to read the book. Not being a late night person the airport bench looked inviting and I caught about an hour’s sleep. After a round about trip through Los Angles we arrived back in Dallas at 3:30 in the afternoon and back home to Calvert the following day. Arriving home is one goal and the starting point of another. But for now it needs to be a time at home and back to work.
Our arrival back home coincided with Jack’s Birthday and the Calvert Yacht Club was in attendance. You will remember Jack as one of the travelers early this year on the Panama Canal trip. Jack is also the instigator of next year’s trip down the Danube River through Romania to Budapest. That will be in April of 2011.
To help myself remember past travels and experiences, I am going to chronicle last year’s trip from New York to England aboard the Queen Mary 2. It will be fun to dredge up old pictures of England and France and trying to remember the different adventures.
Since our return from Alaska my business has been going crazy and occupying most of my time. This is a good thing,thank heaven for the Oil Patch. See you shortly as we look back on leaving to cross the North Atlantic.
No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. ~Lin Yutang

No comments:

Post a Comment